Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sculpture!

Wooow it's been a while, hasn't it?? Sorry to all of you who've given up on coming here regularly.. I was under enormous deadlines on the film I just wrapped (can't say much other than it's the short preceding Toy Story 3). Now that its done though I'm off to Bear and the Bow for at least the next year!

To celebrate getting back into characters, I joined a bunch of fellow Pixar folk in a fantastic opportunity to learn more about facial anatomy through sculpture. Here's what I've got after a few hours - I'll continue to post more of the progression as I flesh it out - HA!

5 comments:

Jenny Kong said...

After a few hours!? It'd take me a day!

Shyester said...

Thanks for stoppin' by my blog.

But the one thing that sold you was the gorilla?! Guess I better draw more monkeys.. haha ;)

Again, thanks for the stop-by...comments like that mean a lot and you have great stuff yourself. :)

Laurin Crozier said...

Sweet! This is nice. I'm taking a figure modeling class this semester and it's loads of fun. I love sculpting and feeling the figure out instead of drawing it for a change, and it does go pretty fast. It's fun, helps me see/understand shape a bit more, and lets me do a lot of stuff with my hands. :)

Tillie said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Do your thumbs hurt?

shirley said...

looks great